The training bridge provides for the use of the bridge consoles with built-in monitors, panels with real vessel controls and indicators, large screens and projectors for visualization and information display mounted in the upper part of the front bulkhead.
Instructor working place is located in a separate room, you can work with computers training swimming areas, mathematical models of vessels and exercise, control the operation of educational bridges and analysis simulator training results. It is equipped with a means of internal communication, visual monitoring of the bridge works, printers, projection and other equipment.
The software includes the following software modules:
1. Networking manager.
2. Module of calculation of mathematical models of their own ships, vessels goals drifting objects, three-dimensional model of wind and wave rough water, tugs, mooring lines and fenders.
3. 5 Visualization channels.
4. Craft control console with interface to the real part.
5.Simulators of three radars with ARPA functions
(Bridge Master E, Furuno, Nucleus
6. Electronic navigation and mapping system (ECDIS) Navi-Sailor.
7. Simulators of radio navigation system (GPS / Trimble DGPS-receiver, Loran-C and automatic direction finder by Furuno company).
8. Active Situation Display (ASD) of the instructor.
9. Analyzer and data logger of the exercise results
10. Exercise Editor.
The simulator uses the following ready-made database, which is constantly expanded and updated:
- Library of visual three-dimensional scenes concrete swimming areas;
- Library of radar scenes of the same areas;
- Library of the hydrological resources of the same areas;
- Library of mathematical models of vessels;
- Global database of tidal phenomena;
- Global database of Loran-C stations;
- World Database on adjustments of RNS Loran-C;
- Global database of DGPS stations;
- Global database for beacons.
Brief description of the opportunities for the trainee:
- Read the instructions for each device and a navigation device using the Help-system;
- ОLearn the characteristics of own ship on the pilot card;
- Learn the task to move sent by an instructor to NS2400;
- Correct the electronic maps, elaborate the transition and pre-lining.
While sailing the trainee can:
- Control the carft with the help of steering, thrusters and main engines;
- Use the radar, ARPA;
- Use the navigation electronic map system;
- Watch the surroundings on visualization screens on the entire horizon;
- Use binoculars, log, magnetic and gyro compasses, Doppler log, echo sounder, wind indicator;
- Use the navigation systems to determine the ship's position;
- Command the operation of tugboats and supply of mooring lines;
- Negotiate with other ships and shore stations, organize rescue operations using GMDSS and VHF
After sailing, the trainee can see the results in the recorded log file on the instructor analyzer and get a printout of the results.