Practice of the standard operations under normal conditions includes:
1. Operations planning: developing Towage Plan and operations flow chart.
2. Calculation of the final and intermediate states of loading of the ship using Load Calculator program.
3. Carrying out inspections (checklists) in preparation for towage and auxiliary operations.
4. Carrying towage operations.
5. Conduct ballast operations.
6. Stripping of the tanks.
7.Tank cleaning with crude oil and water.
8. Ventilation, inverting and degassing of the tank.
9. Treatment and pumping of oil-contaminated water.
Training in the optimal control of the tanker systems and actions in emergency situations include:
1. Optimization of the composition and sequence of operations in order to save time.
2. Fault detection and troubleshooting.
3. Conducting operations in case of failure of individual system elements and mechanisms.
4. ТTraining in emergency response (cargo overflow, pipeline rupture, etc.).